Talán még ma is élne

Uploaded by taszegyesulet on 29.05.2011

Friday morning was to begin with a pig slaughter. It was February 25th.
We went out at 6:30 am to take care of the pigs.
Dad went in, he was the sticker, he studied it.
He went in, he pulled out the pig. I had the ax and a bowl to collect the blood.
Dad told me to give him the axe. So I was handing him the axe.
And as he reached for it, he fell forward.
He didn't have enough strength to put out his hands.
And then I started yelling immediately: 'There is trouble, come out right now! Big trouble, come out!'
I was already running forward. Five of us picked up Dad.
We put him into the car, because it was a six-person car with a platform.
And that big white house. My father died there.
There at the trees are the...
We arrived at the doctor's at 6:40, where the chimney was smoking.
I ran up on the ramp quickly, I started shouting for her, and hitting the door, and the windows, yelling for her to come out immediately, because there was big trouble.
I threw it like this.
And with a pebble like this, I was even afraid that it would break, and she would press charges.
And they heard my shouting and begging from here.
Everybody said that they have never heard begging like when I was begging for the doctor to come out.
The neighbor across was the first person to run out wearing pajamas.
And then they came one after another. Pintér, down there is a bus station, 3-400 meters from here.
He's one of the burying guys from Pálfa.
He was waiting for his colleagues, as he works in Cece.
And he heard the shouting from there.
A few minutes later we realised that the doctor wasn't doing anything, she wasn't coming down, she wasn't responding to anything.
At 6:44 Józsi, Józsi Kovács called the medics on call in Paks.
They immediately informed the ambulance.
The ambulance arrived between 7:25 and 8:30 am.
They asked us how long we were standing there. We said that we waited for the doctor and for them for almost an hour.
Then they took out him of the car. By that time my father was probably dead.
The older ambulance man inserted an IV into his neck, the younger one put one in his arm.
The third ambulance man put the respirator on him and started to pump his chest.
It went on for 35 minutes, they tried to bring back my father for 30-35 minutes.
And the older one started to ask where the doctor was.
I said she was standing up there, where the lights were on.
'And she didn't come down?' He was also outraged by this.
I said, she didn't come down, she simply didn't come down.
And at about 8:15 the medics on call called for her to come down, so that the ones from Paks wouldn't have to get out for a signature.
And well, also because she was his doctor.
And they asked for her to check if he was really dead.
And then the doctor came down; yes, she came down.
She asked for the paper that she had to come down for.
And the ambulance men told her that since she was his doctor, she should also check to make sure he was dead.
The doctor came out here, and the six-person car with the platform was here.
She opened the door: 'It really died.' And the she slammed the door shut, and went back to the ambulance men.
But the ambulance men also said that if one is brought to a doctor within 20 minutes,
with any kind of heart attack
and gets the medicine, or injection, or spray
if he gets one of the three, he'll make it until the ambulance comes.
When she treated my father by slamming the door, offensive words were spoken, yes, that's true.
But I think at that time I wasn't impetuous, because someone else would have already strangled her or ripped her apart.
She laughed in my face, and said you do whatever you want, you go wherever you want.
And she turned her back and went back into the clinic.
And the doctor quickly wrote on the door: one week vacation.
Nobody could find her, even the police couldn't contact her.
Even the Chamber couldn't get in touch with her.
Hello, good afternoon!... I am looking for the doctor.
I am Jenõ Setét, from the organization called Hungarian Civil Liberties Union.
My question is whether you could speak with us for a few minutes about the death of István Cári.
You don't want to speak with us, I understand.
He was in the building industry, as a reinforced concrete repairer.
Did he have a job?
Od course, of course.
He was working in the Netherlands. He was there for four years. At the H2 company.
We just had our 25th wedding anniversary, on November 16th.
She should have tried, but she didn't even do that.
The HCLU took on this case, because the right to the health care was violated, and we think this case could set a precedent.
The Health Law states that in cases of urgent need, health workers have to do everything in their power to help.
And if it is not clear whether a case is one of urgent need, they have to act if it was.
so its existence must be protected.
In the Roma Programme of the HCLU we have seen such cases numerous times, when a doctor or ambulance didn't go out to people living in segregation,
or they arrived too late.
These cases rarely get investigated.
And even if they do, they are often very hard to prove.
They can also be hard to prove, because it is often very hard to find witnesses.
Even in this case we tried to bring out the neighbors who heard the shouting.
But non of them wanted make a statement, as it is still the same doctor who practices in the village.
THE HCLU represented István Cári in the ethical proceedings in front of the Hungarian Medical Chamber. In this case, István Cári pressed charges. The police is investigating it as a case of missing assistance.
The HCLU doesn't accept any state support, but Your support is gladly welcomed. http://tasz.hu/en/supportus